Sage Green General Purpose Mechanical (GPM) - 34mm
COLLOQUIAL NAME: General Purpose Mechanical (GPM)
- MOVEMENT: Mechanical, dual-wind, automatic
- SCALE QUANTITY: 2
- SCALE RANGE: 1-12 (13-24)
- LUMINOUS FEATURES: Tritium gas tubes
- CASE: Sage Green Composite, 316L stainless steel caseback
- SUBMERSIBILITY: 3ATM
- CRYSTAL TYPE: Sapphire
- CROWN TYPE: Pressure
- DIMENSIONS: 34mm Diameter / 11mm thickness
LUG WIDTH: 16mm
- MIL-SPEC: Built to Government specifications for use by military personnel. Fulfills Nato Stock Numbers 6645-00-066-4279 and 6645-01-304-4308
- AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT: 24 Jewel NH35 self winding mechanical movement. Submersibility: 3ATM
- TRITIUM GAS TUBES: Self illuminating tritium gas tubes glow with no need to be charged by an external light source.
- FIELD WATCH: Designed for general infantry. Features a lightweight high impact fibreshell case and sapphire crystal.
- SWISS MADE: Marathon watches are proudly made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939.
- Intended use: Field
- Encapsulated tritium (Isotope H3) light sources are at each hour position on dial and on hour & minute hands
- 316L high-impact stainless steel case with screw-down case back
- Water resistant to 3ATM and dust proof
- Each watch is numbered individually.
- Includes nylon strap 16mm
- Other strap options available in nylon and leather
Designed to be used in the field by infantry or other military personnel and built to the strict military standards of MIL-PRF-46374G, the GPM is just as liked by a civilian as it is by a personnel uniform. The GPM is a true all purpose watch that will be your reliable companion for years.
The new GPM uses a Japanese made “Dual Winding Movement” (DWM) and can be wound both by manually winding the crown or by use of the automatic self-winding rotor (transferred energy caused by the movement of the wrist). With our new watch winding system, the user will notice that there is a mechanical noise and the rotor can be felt oscillating; reassuring the user that the automatic winding system is performing as intended. Once fully wound the GPM will run for approximately 41 hours without the need to be wound again, or can be worn to wind using the automatic self-winding rotor.
The case of the General Purpose Mechanical is made from high-impact fibre shell, which does not compromise quality or durability while keeping weight low. Tritium gas filled tubes on the minute and hour hands, ensure a constant glow for maximum visibility in low-light. Tritium is a trusted source of illumination for military equipment, from watches to aeronautical displays, firearm sights, and binoculars.
Tritium tubes glow on their own without the need for charging by an external light source, and will not fade in brightness making it an ideal configuration for nighttime or low light operation. The crystal (lens) of the new GPM is made from a 3mm thick sapphire ensuring the highest possible scratch resistance, legibility, and durability. This watch is water resistant of 3 ATM (30 meters/100 feet), making sure that it will not yield to the elements.
Included with the new General Purpose Mechanical is a one piece nylon military strap which is made in accordance with MIL-S-46383B Type II and provides comfort and durability while remaining lightweight. Also available from Marathon are extra nylon straps in various colours to personalize your GPM.
Overall assembly of the watch is performed in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland, combining the accuracy of a Marathon designed Japanese movement with reliability and Swiss craftsmanship to bring you a superb watch. The Marathon GPM is a watch that will provide you with years of accuracy, reliability, and enjoyment!