Desert Tan General Purpose Quartz with Date (GPQ) - 34mm
- COLLOQUIAL NAME: General Purpose Quartz with Date (GPQ w/ Date)
- MOVEMENT: High torque quartz • ETA FØ6 Movement
- SCALE QUANTITY: 2
- SCALE RANGE: 1-12 (13-24)
- LUMINOUS FEATURES: Tritium gas tubes
- CASE: Desert Tan Composite, 316L Stainless Steel caseback
- SUBMERSIBILITY: 3ATM
- CRYSTAL TYPE: Sapphire
- CROWN TYPE: Pressure
DIMENSIONS: 34mm Diameter / 12mm thickness
- CALENDAR: Date
LUG WIDTH: 16mm
- MIL-SPEC: Built to Government specifications for use by military personnel. NSN: 6645-01-547-0300
- HIGH TORQUE MOVEMENT: Swiss made ETA FØ6 3 jewel high-torque Quartz movement with EOL (End-of-Life) indicator for superior timekeeping and quality.
- MIL-SPEC: Built to Government specifications for use by military personnel.
- FIELD WATCH: Designed for general infantry. Features a lightweight high impact fibreshell case and sapphire crystal.
- SWISS MADE: Marathon watches are proudly made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939.
- Intended use: Field
- Easy-set date function
- Encapsulated tritium (Isotope H3) light sources are at each hour position on dial and on hour & minute hands
- Fibershell high-impact case with stainless steel back is water resistant and dustproof
- Includes nylon strap 16mm
- Other strap options available
- Movement: High torque quartz with EOL (End of life indicator for battery)
The Marathon General Purpose Quartz with Data (GPQ) and Tritium is a highly accurate watch built to strict military standards (MIL-PRF-46374G, Type I, Class 1). Designed for field use by military personnel, the General Purpose Quartz is built to withstand the needs of infantry, as well as suit civilians needs for a casual watch.
The GPQ is made from a highly durable, impact resistant fibershell case that is water resistant to 3 atmospheres (30 meters - 100 feet), sweat resistant and will not yield to the elements. The fibershell case of the GPQ also has a passive matte finish. This matte finish aids in protecting infantry positions as this finish does not provide a reflective surface which would occur on a normal metal case. Fibershell is also an extremely lightweight material, an important factor on the battlefield where every ounce counts.
The GPQ uses a sapphire crystal which is durable and scratch resistant. The back of the GPQ is made of 316L surgical stainless steel, a steel with low carbon content that will not corrode over time.
The GPQ is made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland, to guarantee the highest level of quality and accuracy in manufacturing. Powered by a Swiss made, high torque, 3 jewel ETA F06 Quartz movement, the GPQ guarantees you a high degree of accuracy in timekeeping. The ETA F06 is accurate to -0.3/+0.5 seconds per day and also includes an End of Life (EOL) indicator. The EOL indicator will advance the seconds hand once every 4 seconds to inform you that a battery change is needed.
The GPQ uses self contained Tritium gas tubes to ensure constant visibility in low light situations. A gas tube is placed on each hour marker and hand. Tritium tubes are self illuminating gas tubes which contain an isotope of hydrogen, meaning they will not dull down in brightness like normal photo luminescent paint which requires an external light source to create a glow.
The General Purpose Quartz combines military durability with Swiss craftsmanship to provide an accurate timepiece that will satisfy you for years of daily use.